Tuesday, August 9, 2022

This and that and oh yeah, some guy name Kadri



I have heard nothing but complaints from Islanders fans wanting the Isles to do something. Everyone has been waiting for them to make a huge move. Ninety percent of the people I have talked to have told me it is only a matter of time before we sign Kadri.


I speculate that the Isles must clear the cap to fit in Kadri. I have seen suggestions the Isles are trying to move out Pageau, Bailey, and Beauvillier. Let me address the big elephant in the room: Is Kadri worth trading away these players? 


Jean-Gabriel Pageau


Pageau is a solid third-line centre. He adds a little to the offensive powerplay. He is good for 15-20 goals. I love his speed and play on the penalty kill. 


Josh Bailey


Josh is a great penalty killer with great speed. His strength is his playmaking abilities. He could be a top-six forward or a great third-line forward.


Anthony Beauvillier


In my opinion, Beauvillier is the best option for the Islanders to trade. He is the most offensively gifted of the three and will get back the most value. He has a terrific shot and his ability to get in the open spaces makes him a great asset for another team. 


As I write this blog, it sounds like the Isles are closing in on acquiring Kadri. Most people seem to think the defense is untouchable. But the defense is a strength that could get you more in a package and free up more cap quicker. Only time will tell. I am alone on an island with this. 


The other concern is Pageau's and Bailey's salaries are five million, meaning the Islanders might have to throw in a sweetener to make this happen. 


Randy 

No comments:

Post a Comment