Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Calgary Flames Picks

Okay, it is time for me to make a fool of myself. Yes, time for me to put on my imaginary Calgary GM hat and pretend to know what I am doing.  If I were a Flames GM, I would want a top-six forward.  But picking at number 26 makes it difficult to achieve that goal.

So the Flames have to find a diamond in the rough.  The Flames would love to draft Brett Leason, but I have it on good authority he won't be there. The Islanders are in dire need of a power forward, so I am sure Brett will be gone before the Flames' first pick.

So eliminating Leason, what players might still be available?

27. Connor McMichael, Forward/Centre/Wing

Connor is a versatile forward who can play centre and wing. He can be used in all aspects of the game. Connor has great instincts,  great hands and a terrific shot. Connor has some nifty moves and is capable of making a play out of nothing.  The Flames like their forwards to play more than one position and will love his versatility.

88. Nando Eggenberger, Wing

Eggenberger is a big, strong winger.  The Flames need to get bigger up front.  Nando is not the most skilled forward, but he could develop into a solid third line winger willing get his hands dirty.

Here are my other picks without explanation:

116 William Constantinou - defence
150 Mattias Norlinder - defence
214 Brayden Guy - right winger





No comments:

Post a Comment