Saturday, July 2, 2022

2022 Draft: New York Islanders Priorities



The Islanders' top priority is defense at the draft. Although they really like Lambert, cooler heads will likely prevail and they will go with the defense. It was hard to determine which dman to pick, and it came down to which one I saw in the first round. The one I came up with is the one I think that might be there at number 13.


13 Pavel Mintyukov 

Defense 


Pavel is an offensively gifted defenseman. Pavel keeps the puck alive and battles with his size. Above average in the defensive zone defender. Pavel is a great puck distributor as well as rushing with the puck. He has the potential of being a top pairing dman. 


Come the second round; I feel the greatest need is a power forward if one is available.


65 Vinzenz Rohrer 

Right-Wing 


Vinzenz is a gifted offensive right-winger with a decent shot. He is willing to get his nose dirty and will fight for the puck. I especially like his willingness to fight in the corner for the puck. The Isles need a little more sandpaper with a scoring touch. He fits the bill. 


For the rest of the picks, I will just mention the names of the players. 


Round 3

78 Topias Leinonen 

Goaltender


NO Round 4


Round 5

142 Ludvig Jansson  

Defense


Round 6

174 Connor Hvidston 

Centre



See my full mock draft here.





No comments:

Post a Comment