Saturday, September 23, 2017

Fantasy Time

Well, it is that time of year when Fantasy Hockey season rears its ugly head. Why do I say ugly? Because I suck, plain and simple; every year I am king of the last place. I tell everyone I don't care, but they just give me that look. You know, the look of pity. I hate that look. Okay, enough with feeling sorry for myself.

So let's try to pick the best player for each position. Some positions are obvious; well, mostly just one.  Everyone knows who is the best centre, but the other positions are not so apparent.

Centres 
Connor something... I can't remember... his name is on my tip of my tongue... Okay, that was tongue in cheek. McDavid is the best player in the League. He makes everyone around him better. He brings out the best in everyone. What is scary is he has no weaknesses; he does everything well. The best playmaker in the League. He is in a league all by himself.

Goaltending
When you're doing fantasy, this is a position you have to be careful with. You may not pick the best one. You have to consider the team. The goalie with the most wins may not be the best goalie in the League. For example, Price is probably the best goalie in the League, but are the Habs the best team in the League? This is a lot more difficult. I would probably pick Murry from Pit.  The Pens are a contender, and he will get most of the starts.

Best Defencemen
We all know the only thing that matters in Fantasy is points.  And you need to look no further than Ottawa's Erik Karlsson. He is the heart and soul of the Sens. Erik is good for 15-20 goals and 70-80 points.

Right Wing
Patrick Kane in Toronto is one of the best all-around forwards in the game. He does not do anything poorly. Patrick does everything for the Black Hawks. Especially in the special teams; his passing ability makes him deadly on the powerplay.

Left Wing 
As much as my Flames fans want me to pick a certain other left winger; I'm sorry, I must pick Jamie Benn. Jamie is an outstanding player who does everything right. He is one of the best playmakers in the game who can score with the best of them.  It does not hurt to have his buddy Tyler down with him either.

There you have it, my list of the best players at their respective positions.  Each the best in their game.  Bring on the season; I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment