Monday, August 10, 2020

A New Beginning for Bob Mckenzie

One of my favourite sports personalities recently announced that he is working his last day. Bob Mckenzie and TSN go together like ice and hockey. Like me going to Tim Horton's for doughnuts. (They are not a sponsor of my blog. Although I wished they were, I would love some free ones!) But I digress. On to the more important news, the Legacy of Bobby Mac. 


The biggest thing that I connect with Bob is the world juniors and draft day. I miss the day when TSN held the NHL rights. Bob was one of the best at the rankings of the Juniors. Nobody knew his stuff better than Bob. 




I mentioned draft day in the dark ages when we rode dinosaurs. Again, I digress. It comes with old age. Bob would get eighty percent of his picks. I often thought he must watch a lot of hockey to know all of the players. Here is a part of the draft show. 




Bob Mckenzie will always be known for his insider knowledge, especially on hockey deadline days. I would always be looking to see if Bob was on his phone. I remember thinking I would never believe any rumour until Mckenzie said it. Nothing was official until you heard from Bob. I loved his insider trading show. 




Final Word


Bob was the leading voice behind the RTP. He went into the details of the negotiations. He was the man who broke the story first; the man behind the scene. A true legend that every insider should thank for paving the road for each of them. 


Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment