Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Islanders Offseason



What will the Islanders do this offseason?

I am not going with the obvious moves; I am talking below-the-radar. Smaller players I think the Islander should go after. I am not saying they will; I am saying who I think they should consider. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To each their own.


I think these players would fit well with the team. Anyone could be a Tyler Hall, but that is not what this blog is about. So on to the underdogs.


I will mention one Centre, one Defenceman, and one Winger. 


Bobby Ryan - Right Wing


Bobby would be a perfect linemate for Jean-Gabriel Pageau. Pageau needs to be partnered with someone with some offensive punch. I would love to see the Isles at least have a discussion with Ryan. I think he could be had for cheap. He's being bought out by the Sens, which means he won't demand as much money.


Radko Gudas - Defence


Radko is big and nasty with a touch of nastier. A perfect number 5-6 defencemen who will help in the defensive zone. Radko is a stay home defenceman that fits the Lou mold. They don't come much tougher than Radko.


Zemgus Girgensons - Centre


Zemgus is a big, solid guy who does the dirty work. He would make a perfect third-line centre on the Islanders. I know they don't need one, but I would really love to get a big man like Zemgus on the Islanders. 


I know that the last name was pushing it but, I want the Isles to get bigger next season. They got pushed around too much last season.


Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment